Xiaomi has started rolling out its latest MIUI 14 interface based on Android 13. The first two models to get the update are the Xiaomi 11T and the Poco F4. So far, however, the new firmware is available exclusively for Mi Pilot members. If there are no major errors, MIUI 14 for the Xiaomi 11T and the Poco F4 should soon go into open rollout.
Xiaomi 11T / Poco F4 MIUI 14 update with Android 13
The stable MIUI 14 update with Android 13 has only been spotted in Europe for the Poco F4 and the Xiaomi 11T so far. Anyone who has already received the new firmware should now run on either the version number MIUI 14.2.0 TLMEUXM or on MIUI 18.104.22.168 TKWMIXM. The downloads are around 3.5 GB in size and also include the December 2022 Android security patch.
MIUI 14 brings the new Super Icon feature for more variety on the home screen. As usual, there are also new widgets. Also, the new Android 13 build introduces the Photon Engine. The engine should ensure less memory requirements and thus permanently improve the performance of Xiaomi smartphones. There’s a new search feature in settings and other tweaks and improvements.
Although the update has been limited to a few users so far, there have been no reports of any problems. If you don’t see a notification yet, you can also manually search for the new MIUI 14 firmware as usual. To do this, simply go to the settings and start the manual search under Software update. Alternatively, you can opt for manual installation. The appropriate downloads can be found under the links below on miui.com:
UPDATE: Xiaomi Poco F4 GT is now also getting MIUI 14
The MIUI 14 update based on Android 13 for the Xiaomi Poco F4 GT was also released today. Here, too, MIUI 14 brings various optimizations and improvements. The build number of the new firmware is V22.214.171.124.TLJEUCM. The update for the F4 GT is currently only available for Mi Pilot members and so far only in Europe. Here is the full changelog:
- MIUI 14
- MIUI now uses less memory while remaining fast and responsive over extended periods of time. Attention to detail redefines personalization and takes it to a new level.
- MIUI now uses memoria menus and remains fast and responsive for longer periods of time.
- New function
- Search in settings has been improved. Everything looks sharper now with search history and category results.
- Android security patch updated to December 2022. Increased system security.
- Attention to detail redefines personalization and takes it to a new level. Super Icons bring a new design for the home screen. Home screen folders highlight the apps you need most by having them just a touch away.
As said, the Poco F4 GT MIUI 14 update is only available for Mi Pilots so far. If no major errors occur, the new firmware will be widely rolled out.