vivo has released a new software update for the vivo X90. It increases the Android security patch level from April 2023 to May 2023 and optimizes the system stability to fix occasional app crashes. In addition, the new firmware includes some camera optimizations. You get an overall better image quality and vivo improved the selfie camera performance in super night mode.
Here is the full changelog of the update:
- Updated to the May 2023 Google security patch to improve system security
- Optimized system stability to fix the issue where some apps occasionally crash
- Fixed the occasional issue where some pages are not displayed properly when “Largest” is selected in Font & display size
- Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal screen display
- Optimized network adaptability and stability
- Optimized the clarity of photos taken by the front camera in Super Night mode
- Optimized the smoothness of the overall function of Camera to provide a better shooting experience
- Status bar & notifications
- Optimized the display of icons in the status bar to provide a better user experience
- Optimized third-party app compatibility to fix the occasional issue where some apps do not work properly
- Fixed the occasional issue where “Permissions” is grayed out on the App info page of “Feedback”
- Fixed the occasional issue where incoming calls are played through the speaker when Bluetooth earphones are connected
The 245 MB update carries the firmware version PD2241BF_EX_A_220.127.116.11.W30 and is currently rolling through India. If you live in India and haven’t received it yet, you can search for it manually as well. To do this, simply start the manual search in the Settings menu of the vivo X90 under System update.