The nubia Red Magic 8 Pro was presented in China shortly before the end of 2022, now the 8 series is going on a world tour. The company has adjusted the branding a bit so that instead of the Pro+ model there is a Void variant. The regular Red Magic 8 Pro is called “Matte” because of the textured, opaque back. The model comes with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, just like the Pro launched in China. The other option is called “Void” and is similar to the Pro+ with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. However, there are also some differences in the international model.
nubia Red Magic 8 Pro
The main change is that both models have a 6,000mAh battery and charge at 65 watts. For comparison: The Red Magic 8 Pro sold in China has the same battery capacity but charges with 80 watts. This means the battery goes from 0 to 100% in 35 minutes in China and in 43 minutes in the rest of the world. The Chinese Pro+ charges its 5,000 mAh battery with an extreme 165 watts, but the Void for the world market has to do without it.
Pro+ / Void
The Red Magic 8 Pro will be available from February 2nd. The matte version with 12/256 GB costs $650 in the US. The Void with 16/512 GB is $800. nubia sells the mobile phones in the following countries and regions:
- North America: Canada and the United States
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Sweden , Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta
- Asia Pacific: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia
- Middle East: Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt
- Latin America: Mexico, Peru and Chile
Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro specifications
The 8 Pro features a 6.8-inch AMOLED display with 1,116 x 2,480 pixels, 120 Hz refresh and 960 Hz touch sampling rate. The 16 megapixel front camera is hidden under the display (2nd generation UDC technology). In addition to the touchscreen, there are two touch triggers on the top that run at a sampling rate of 520 Hz.
There’s a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset at the helm paired with LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 4.0 storage. The ICE 11 system takes on the cooling, which combines new materials for improved heat transfer and an improved 20,000 rpm fan. The fan is a completely new development that simultaneously increases airflow and reduces noise. The Cube Performance Optimizer ensures stable frame rates when gaming and low power consumption when not.