The new Motorola ThinkPhone, which was primarily developed for business users, was one of the highlights of the last CES in Las Vegas. The smartphone is also known as Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola and wants to occupy its own niche as a B2B business solution. The ThinkBook notebooks and ThinkPad tablets have been the only products that Lenovo also offers as part of enterprise service contracts.
Apparently, Motorola could also offer the ThinkPhone for private customers. According to a new tip, Lenovo thinks the new phone’s chances of success are significantly higher as opposed to a limited launch just for business users. The Chinese are currently said to be in negotiations with some shops in several countries that would take over distribution. The price for end customers is said to be around 1,000 euros ($1,084).
It starts at the end of January for a base model with 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage and the durable carbon housing. There is no microSD slot. However, it should be noted that there is still no official information about the launch of the Motorola ThinkPhone. Therefore, you have to be careful with today’s information until Lenovo or Motorola comment on it personally.
The following specifications have appeared for the hardware and the technical data so far:
Motorola ThinkPhone specifications:
- Dimensions: 158.76 x 74.38 x 8.26mm
- Weight: 188.5g
- 6.6-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) pOLED display, 144 Hz, aspect ratio 20:9, HDR10+
- 92.12% screen-to-body ratio, Amazon HDR playback, YouTube HDR playback, SGS low blue light and SGS low motion blur eye protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset
- 8 or 12 GB of memory
- 128, 256 or 512GB of storage
- 5G connectivity, dual band WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, aGPS, NFC, USB Type-C OTG
- Dolby Atmos audio, noise canceling with 2 microphones
- 32 megapixel front camera with autofocus and aperture f/2.45
- 50 megapixel main camera with f/1.8, PDAF, OIS
- 13 megapixel ultra wide camera with f/2.2, 120 degrees FoV
- 2 megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4
- 8K 30fps video
- 5,000 mAh battery with 68 watt TurboPower and 15 watt wireless charging
- IP68 and MIL-STD-810H certified
- Operating system: Android 13