Google has announced some new AI features similar to its chatbot Bard for Google Docs. However, the introduction to the productivity apps will not take place worldwide for the time being. So far, only trusted testers in the US can use the new features, just like Bard itself. By the end of the year, however, the new features should be available to all users.
The functions are implemented in Google Docs, Gmail, Sheets and Slides. For example, within Google Docs, the user interface provides easy access to the AI, so one can discuss, summarize, or simply brainstorm while writing an article. In Gmail, the AI can pick up the context from short key points and formulate an entire email from them. For presentations, the Bard-powered AI automatically generates images, audio, and video to enhance the presentation.
Google has highlighted some of the features that will soon reach all Google users.
- Draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- Brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- Bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- Go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto-completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
- Generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- Enable workflows for getting things done in Chat
You can even choose the tone of voice to better suit the occasion. You can also use the AI to create a draft on a specific topic or summarize lengthy email conversations. Finally, the Google Bard-powered AI can also proofread or even rewrite documents.